Biking through 4 countries, Aug/Sep 2019
This year we have planned an incredible ride crossing 4 countries in 4 days,taking us through the majestic scenery of Germany, Luxemburg, France and Belgium
Our journey begins in the quaint German village of Meresdorf. This village is situated in Ruwertal where we will be spending our first night at the hotel WEINGUT WEIS.
On day one, we will cycle through Germany, and cross over into Luxembourg, a fairytale like country with castles and picturesque villages. We will end the day in the small old medieval town of Vianden, stunningpanoramic views.
On the second day, we will enter Belgium and we will end up in Saint-Hubert. We then continue our journey through the Walloon territory and on our third day we will cycle through France before returning to Belgium.
On the last day of cycling, we will be following the river Meuse all the way to Namur.Further downstream, after having passed the cliffs of the rock Bayard, we will finally see the towering Gothic Cathedral Notre-Dame of Dinant with the large Abad Copper Castle looming above.
August 27th – September 1st 2019
This area is well known for cyclists acrossthe world. On day one, we will climb up to 1200 meters, and throughout the cycle, there will be a varied terrain.
Our tour starts in Germany, close to the Luxembourg border and we finish in Brussels. A big part of the route is through the Ardennes, an area of vast forests, rivers and hills that covers bits of France, Belgium and Luxembourg.
When arriving in the Brussel area on our final day, we will, off course, experience more traffic.
You do NOT need to be an elite cyclist to participate and enjoy our tour!
As a general guide, if you can complete a hilly ride of 60 to 100km at home, you are prepared for this trip. Naturally, some tender bottoms and stiff legs are common, but this is all part of the fun and accomplishment!
- We meet at Frankfurt Airport and take a bus to the village of Mertesdorf (Expect about two hours to transfer on the day of arrival).
- We will be staying at different hotels every day. Our first evening is spent in Mertesdorf at Hotel WEINGUT WEIS 4****.
- The second night in Luxembourg we will stay at Hotel Heintz 3***,a charming hotel located in the old medieval town of Vianden.
- The third night is in Belgium and the small town of Saint Hubert, where we will stay at Hotel Le Val de Poix 3***.
- The fourth night is also spent in Belgium, in the famous town of Dinant where we will stay at the Hotel la Merveilleuse 4****, an old transformed convent.
- The last bike day we will enter Brussels and our last night we will be spending in Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre 4****.
Our detailed itinerary is preliminary. Expa Travel AS reserves the right to make changes en route when circumstances require.
The cost of transfers, daily breakfast, picnic lunch and dinner, plus nightly accommodation in shared room.
- Luggage transport
- Accommodation in shared double rooms
- Breakfast, picnic lunch and dinner (Drinks not included)
- Full ride and mechanical support (More information below)
- Road race bike with flat pedals… (if you have bicycle shoes bring your own!)
- Expa Travel tour leaders that will take you safely through the stages
- Singleroom supplement (Single room on request. Additional Euro 200,-)
- Drinks with the meal
- Bike Insurance (To be booked in andvance, Euro 30,-)
Together, with our partner, we have included good quality road bikes to enhance your cycling adventure. Upon arrival, each guest will be provided with a bike that will be customized for their individual needs.All bikes are coming with flat pedals. If you like to use biking shoes you need to bring your own pedals. We highly recommend that you use clip-in biking shoes
You can choose to take an insurance of 30, –Euro for the entire rental period. This is an insurance policy that covers damage to your bicycle along the road, such as scratches, damage to wheels, crank, gears and brake system.
Stolen bikes are not covered by this insurance. In the event of stolen bicycles, the individual participants themselves are liable. The tour operator is responsible for storing bicycles during nighttime.
If you do not want this insurance, any damage on the bike has to be paid in full after repairs.
The insurance is paid in advance when booking the tour. It is not possible to book the insurance on arrival. We strongly recommend taking out bike insurance.
Our fully stocked support vehicle always follows our riders for technical/mechanical assistance and luggage transport. As a matter of safety, our staff are trained and ready for any kind emergency. Finally, there is also room in the van should someone exhaust their energy before the ride has ended.
Large luggage pieces will be transported by car or van. It is recommended that you bring a small rucksack to transport useful items like rain/cool weather gear, sunscreen, cycling cap, etc.
What to Bring
Suggested equipment list:
- cycling bibs/shorts (at least 2)
- cycling jerseys
- cycling vest and/or light weight thermal base layer
- arm warmers
- leg warmers or tights
- cycling gloves
- cycling shoes (if you have)
- pedals (that go with your cycling shoes)
- helmet (can also be borrowed)
- light weight rain jacket
- cycling cap
- first aid kit in travel size
- chamois/butt butter
- casual evening clothes and shoes
- travel insurance policy
Travel insurance is compulsory on our tours. All participants are responsible for their own personal travel insurance.
Tickets and passports
All participants must have a valid passport.
Booking / registration
Booking is made directly to C4G.